Thursday, November 27, 2008

Garysburg, NC (Thanksgiving Day)

Sadly I did not have the family style Thanksgiving where you stuff your face and pass out. Today I missed the opportunity to push my stomach capacity to the max and beyond... 

We traveled from York, PA down to North Carolina. Our arrival was more than disappointing when we pulled up to a Best Western in the middle of nowhere, only to be accompanied with a gas station. Desperately we fought the reality set before us, instead we searched madly for any restaurant that was open. Michael and I called multiple Chinese restaurants only to discover they were closed, but the Waffle House was open. Blair sat on her bed looking at apartments with out worry, she could not have been any more carefree. Once we discovered our chosen eating establishment the next challenge was getting someone to take us there. Upon returning to the phone we discovered most cabs were not running except Mack's.  I got Mack's number from another guy I called. He was not driving tonight but he knew a guy who would.

We waited for the cab for about 30 minutes. The situation looked grim, though I was hopeful. I was not going to settle on all this effort being in vain. Mack finally did arrive in his Ford Expedition and off we went. It was interesting to talk with the native North Carolinian, he had a good deal to say. Apparently he is quite the ladies man. The drive was so close and Mack did get a generous tip. No problem, it was worth it. The food was good and my belly was happy. He also took us back just in case you might be worried.

I must say it has been an eventful and sadly depressing day. This is the life on tour. That's all I have to say.

No comments: