Saturday, November 29, 2008

Leaving Roanoke Rapids, NC

This will be a quick one because I have to get some sleep. I am currently on our crew bus, which we have been desperately waiting for. It's about 1 am and the vibrations of the road are calmly allowing me to drift. For some reason I am the only one not in my bunch. I am not restless, nor do I have thoughts racing in my mind. I am mostly in a reflective state.

This tour for me is not entirely what I expected. I knew there would be multi-tasking, long days, dozens of kids, and many expected challenges. Apparently it has not phased me. I can honestly say that my job is relatively easy. I have faced all that was expected and more, but also I actually enjoy the kids and their abundance of energy. I know most would think it's strange, but that is how I feel.

I do not know what will come with future venues. There is a strong possibility that I will start hating my job. Instead dreading that moment, I will continue to be content. Yeah, maybe I will get even better at what I do.

Next stop Knoxville!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello!

I am sorry to hear about your lack luster Thanksgiving, but happy to hear that so far you are content and enjoying the kids. You must be working so hard, and I admire your calm.

Hannah

Anonymous said...

Hey, Nia!!!

I'm hear and reading your words and want to with all my heart say something....anything to keep you encouraged and with the Hope that your life will be enriched by all..even the challenges you all are facing. If anything let it be the thought (as Hannah stated) of the Kids who will be able to experience this Tour who may otherwise wouldn't based on the distance of where they live through all these places your visiting. And if it helps find small little momentos through each these places your visiting. The idea is to have a symbolic item that captures a single great or positive moment you experienced. This way as the miles begin to mounted on top of each other you with have something to hold as you relect also! Hey, Keep your head up and keep writing! We hear you on the other end of your words in reading them and being with you through Spirit...Mind and Soul!!

Love you Sister, Take care!!!

Conor "Your Big Bro" Marsh