Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Aftermath

So as I close out the end of the year, the tour, and my blog, I have to reflect just a little more on the permanent mark this tour has put on me. I have gained many more skills to add to my endless list. The exchange for them was working for a disorganized company while simultaneously being stuffed, betrayed, deceived, abandoned, and repeatedly disappointed. I feel the need to warn others about Moscow Ballet. Now I cannot tell you so never work with them, but I do recommend that you are cautious about accepting a position. I have to say that our crew was matched well together, but the odds of that happening again are about 1 to a billion. We were mostly efficient and close to flawlessly successful when putting up the show. There is always an exception to anyone saying such an extreme statement, but truth be told we kicked ass. I would love to work with anyone on tour again except for a handful of people and that is for my own personal reasons. At least the pay was good...

I hope to hold on to some friends whom I have dearly come to care about. Unfortunately all of us went our separate ways so only time will tell if our paths should cross again. I don't mean to over-dramatize the departures, but I am the first to admit that keeping in touch is difficult.

So what's next? Well another adventure, of course. I will be leaving for London/Paris January 12th and returning February 7th. The thrill of travel has just begun and I plan to ring in the new year with style. You will have to overlook my unexciting New Year's Eve plans, which involves staying indoors watching the Bourne Supremacy and Ultimatum going to bed early. I am debating if I want to even have a drink. It has been snowing in Boston all day, though it may have recently stopped. Though I prefer to embrace my recovery from the Moscow Ballet as soon as possible.

Here are some photos of my last memories so that we may reflect together...

Thanks for reading this blog.

3 comments:

Martha said...

Thanks for having a blog! Sorry it was such a dismal experience -- hope the next one is lots more fun.

Anonymous said...

Well, we are all put in various experiences for a reason and can only hope to come out a better person after....

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't want to drain you off Lonely Planet, which is a site I loved for many years and fell out of love with when the last version came out (after the BBC Worldwide takeover) -- it is still full of great people who just don't know where to go from there.

However, it would be nice if you came (also) to www.ttrefuge.com which was created in November 2007 for some of us TT renegade dissidents. It's a relatively small site (only 1000 members), but it has a few advantages such as letting you post photos directly and putting up links easily.

Just a thought from Kerouac2.